Sign up to get the Morning Mighty delivered straight to your inbox every morning and you could be throwing out the first pitch at a Padres game!
Each week, you can pick NFL games against your favorite 1090 personalities, as well as LaDainian Tomlinson! Click here to enter.
The San Diego Chargers kicked off the 2015 regular-season with an incredible win, their largest comeback win at home in team history, and The Mighty 1090 was there to cover it all:
- Out And About: Chargers Vs. Lions (video) – Annie goes Out and About before the game to talk to fans, who are kinda excited and kinda depressed all at the same time.
- Instant Analysis: Chargers 33, Lions 28 – On “White Hot Sunday”, the Chargers scored 30 unanswered points over the final three quarters. But the tide didn’t turn until late.
- Philip Rivers On The Chargers 33-28 Comeback Win Over Detroit & Big Effort By Keenan & Kyle (video) – Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers describes the 33-28 comeback win over the Detroit Lions, the play of the offensive line and terrific performances by Keenan Allen and rookie Kyle Emanuel.
- Rivers Shows Plenty Of Fight As Bolts Rally In Opener – Despite a couple of early interceptions, Philip Rivers continued to throw the ball well in the second half, carrying his team to victory.
- RECAP: Woodhead, Emanuel, Verrett, Floyd & Keenan On Thriller Over Detroit (video) – Marty Caswell recaps the Chargers’ win and what the players were saying in the team locker room after the game.
- Annie’s Postgame Analysis: Chargers vs. Lions – Annie Heilbrunn reports from Qualcomm Stadium on everything you need to know from the Chargers’ win over the Lions in Week One of the 2015 season.
Chargers’ D.J. Fluker carted off with ankle injury – San Diego Union-Tribune
The Chargers right guard did not suffer a break when his ankle got rolled in the third quarter of a Sunday 33-28 win against the Lions, sources said. But he is hardly out of the woods yet. The best-case scenario might be a nasty high-ankle sprain that could sideline him for some time.
Pitcher’s homer sinks Despaigne, Padres – Padres.com
Mike Leake tossed six-plus strong innings Sunday and clubbed his second homer of the season, a go-ahead three-run shot in the second, powering the San Francisco Giants to a 10-3 win over the San Diego Padres and completing a three-game sweep.
NBA great Moses Malone dies at 60 – Associated Press
The first ever player to go straight from high school into the NBA, and a Hall of Famer at that, Moses Malone passed away yesterday.
Novak Djokovic caps huge season with U.S. Open victory – USA Today
It was a match for the ages between Djokovic and Roger Federer, but in the end, tennis’ current king won out.
Decker gets long-awaited call to big leagues – Padres.com
Cody Decker has been internet famous for quite some time, and has also mashed homers in the minor leagues just as long. Now, he’ll get a few weeks to prove he’s ready for the majors.