Sign up to get the Morning Mighty delivered straight to your inbox every morning!
Today is the day that the NFL owners get together in Houston and vote on which of the three teams that have applied for relocation to Los Angeles, if any, should be allowed to move their team. Today could be the end of the NFL in San Diego as we know it, although the vote could be pushed off for another day or even weeks.
NFL Owners Meeting Coverage:
- Spanos on LA vote: ‘We’ll have to wait and see’ – The Mighty 1090’s own Kevin Acee is down in Houston, and he gives an update on the rumors swirling around town, as well as a rundown of what to expect in the next few days.
- Dean Spanos Arrives To The NFL Owners’ Meetings In Houston (video) – The Mighty 1090’s own Marty Caswell is also in Houston, and she staked out the door to the hotel of the NFL Owners’ Meeting to get a chance to ask the Chargers owner a few questions on his way in.
- NFL consensus builds for a Rams-Chargers stadium project in Inglewood – Sam Farmer and Nathan Fenno from the L.A. Times give an update on the most popular rumor, that the vote will be for a Rams/Chargers pairing in Inglewood, California.
- Chargers say they have ‘zero interest’ in Rams’ L.A. stadium plan – The Chargers, confronted with the rumors of a partnership in Inglewood with the Rams, reiterated yesterday that their goal is to move to Carson and partner with the Raiders.
- Sam Farmer on why Inglewood is favored and why Kroenke could be eyeing San Diego (video) – If Stan Kroenke is the odd man out of Los Angeles, could he force his way in to San Diego? It sounds like that might be his backup plan, but there are doubts that the other NFL owners would let it happen.
Aztecs’ D.J. Pumphrey reaffirms his return – San Diego Union-Tribune
San Diego State running back D.J. Pumphrey reaffirmed his commitment to return for his senior year, giving him the opportunity to help SDSU to another Mountain West championship and rewrite the rushing portion of the Aztecs record book.
Aztecs football looks to build on historic season – Mighty 1090 (video)
San Diego State football turns its head to the future now as the program tries to build on perhaps its best season ever.
Padres will give Maurer shot at rotation slot – MLB.com
Pitcher Brandon Maurer, who had a big season pitching out of the bullpen in 2015, will get a chance to start this season. San Diego general manager A.J. Preller said Maurer will come to Spring Training with the opportunity to win a spot in the starting rotation.
Alabama holds off Deshaun Watson, Clemson to win national championship – USA Today
In a national championship game that won’t soon be forgotten, Nick Saban once again proved that he’s one of the greatest coaches in college football history after his team held off an impressive Clemson Tigers team for the win.