Sign up to get the Morning Mighty delivered straight to your inbox every morning!
Chargers at Bengals Game Preview:
- Corey Liuget On The Bengal Strength & Emerging Players On The Chargers Defense (video) – Corey Liuget talks with Marty Caswell about where the Bengals have gotten better since the last time the Chargers played them
- What To Watch For vs Bengals – Annie Heilbrunn and Andrew Burer discuss the five biggest factors that will determine the winner of Sunday’s Chargers game.
- Protecting Rivers Will Be Tough Against Cincy (video) – In this week’s Road to Sunday, Joe Tutino and Jay Paris break down what the Chargers need to do to beat the Bengals. With Fluker down, protecting #17 is gonna be tough!
- Will Jahleel Addae Play Sunday? Find Out How He Hurt His Ankle (video) – Annie files a report from Chargers camp on starting Strong Safety Jahleel Addae, who could miss Sunday’s game with an ankle injury.
- Familiar story, next man up on Bolts’ O-Line – The Chargers will have a new starting right guard Sunday vs Cincinnati. He’s never started there before, at any level, for any team.
San Diego Gulls honoring Willie O’Ree – San Diego Union-Tribune
“Willie O’Ree Night” at the Valley View Casino Center will recognize the player who broke the NHL’s color barrier in 1958 when he debuted with the Boston Bruins in a game against the Montreal Canadiens.
Chiefs fumble away their chance to flip script on Broncos in AFC West – USA Today
In a tie game, with 35 seconds left against a bitter division rival, the aggressive call would have been for the Kansas City Chiefs to take a couple shots and try to kick a long game-winning field goal. The safe call would have been to take a knee and take a chance at overtime. Head coach Andy Reid instead opted for disaster.
Padres ‘pleased’ with Gyorko’s development at short – Padres.com
While it may be too soon to know if Gyorko is San Diego’s future full-time shortstop, he has shown he can handle the position defensively on a short-term basis look and maybe longer.
San Diego Padres Pitching Woes – Mighty 1090 (video)
Who would have guessed that the Padres’ normally dependable pitching staff would struggle so much this season?
Philip Rivers wins FEDEX AIR Player of the Week – Bolts from the Blue
The votes have spoken, and Rivers was the top passer in the league in Week 1. It was his ninth time winning the award, after winning it three times last season.
Carson Clerk Jim Dear suspended from City Hall amid concerns he could ‘snap’ – Daily Breeze
Things are not going well for the City of Carson and their former Mayor, who seems upset with how the Carson stadium project was handled after he stepped down to become City Clerk.
Aztecs Look To Rebound vs South Alabama – Mighty 1090 (video)
In this week’s Three & Out with the Aztecs, Jordan Carruth breaks down three things the Aztecs must improve on against South Alabama.
Battle for Benefits, Part 2: George Visger’s Many Lives – VICE Sports
In this three-part series, VICE Sports examines the difficulties former NFL players face in obtaining medical care and adequate benefits after retirement.